Have you been getting this or a similar message when you try to visit secured (HTTPS) websites? I was having this problem with Mozilla Firefox. Here's how I fixed it:
- Select Preferences in the Edit menu.
- Select Advanced from the Preferences window navigation bar.
- Under the Security preferences group, select all the security protocols (SSL 2, SSL 3, and TLS 1).
- Under Certificates/Client Certificate Selection, choose Select Automatically.
- Under the Validation/OCSP section, select the Use OCSP to validate only certificates that specify an OCSP service option.
- Click OK to close and save your changes to the Preferences window.
- Close all of your browser instances (and quickstarter) and open a new instance.
I believe line item 5 above is what most directly affected the error message in question. The other settings that I think, but am not sure are associated to this problem. If you try this fix, leave a comment and let me know whether it works for you.